Welcome to the Playa del Carmen Rosewood hotel and spa! The Mexican wild as well as sleek fairways render this Rosewood hotel a colorful artwork of sparkling blues and natural greens. Among the other luxurious hotels in this majestic zone of Mayan Riviera, the Rosewood Mayakoba is stands out because of its outstanding service level. I have really never come across such a gracious staff anywhere else despite my stay in many different hotels around the globe. Its rooms in suite style are extremely striking as well as are quite intimate of which mine was featuring a plunge pool offering wonderful lagoon vista. The meals served are really the best ones despite the Playa del Carmen’s other delicious eatery zones.
In Rosewood Mayakoba, there are 128 guestrooms all of which open to balconies. Among the room types, there are Lagoon Suite, Deluxe Lagoon Suite, Deluxe Overwater Lagoon Suite, Beachside Lagoon View Suite, Beachfront Suite, Beachside Ocean View Suite, and Island Suite.
Access via exterior corridors, air conditioning, balcony, bathrobes, bathroom phone, satellite television service, curtains, complimentary bottled water, CD player, ceiling fan, in-room childcare for a fee, climate control, clock radio, coffee/tea maker, complimentary newspaper, cribs, designer toiletries, desk, direct-dial phone, electronic check-out, electronic/magnetic keys, hair dryer, housekeeping, safe, hypo-allergenic bedding, complimentary Internet access, high-speed Internet, television Internet, wireless Internet, iron/ironing board, mirror, massage, minibar, multi-line phone, patio, pay movies, premium bedding, private bathroom, rollaway beds, separate bathtub and shower, sewing kit, slippers, turndown service, voice mail, welcome amenities, and opening windows.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or child care
- Audio-visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service as well as facilities
- Business center
- Conference/meeting rooms
- Event catering
- Currency exchange
- Children’s club
- Concierge desk
- Floor butler
- Express check- in and check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Massage – spa treatment room(s)
- Health club
- Steam room
- Hair salon
- Gift shops
- Limo or town car service
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Free/Valet parking
- Security guard
- Private beach
- Restaurant(s) in hotel
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box – front desk
- Shoe shine
- Shopping on site
- Outdoor as well as children swimming pool
- Tour assistance
- Golf course, golf – driving range, tennis, billiards, pool table, swimming, dock, kayaking, boat launch, Yoga classes/instruction, running track/path, and volleyball on site
- Personal watercraft, sailing, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, surfing/boogie boarding, windsurfing, whale-watching, motor boating, Pilates classes/instruction, scooter/moped rentals, horse riding/rental, parasailing, and skydiving nearby.
- Day trips to Tulum, Cancun, and ecological paradise of Xcaret
There is also a full-service spa wherein you can allow yourself to be pampered via the massages as well as beauty services. It features 12 lagoon-gripped treatment rooms, fitness center, therapeutic lounging pools, and 8 spa suites.
There are two main restaurants at the Rosewood Mayakoba. The elegant, Casa del Lago, offers the serene vistas of the nearby lagoon as well as the on-site pool. The morning breakfast is a buffet one featuring the cookery creations, while the lunch has a light al fresco menu that is apt for the terrace or poolside. Dinner at night is offered as modern European cuisine. The other one is the open-air Punta Bonita at the beachfront offering the views of the infinity pool, casual ambiance, Mexican cuisine for lunch, and regional specialties for the dinner. The Itzamná spa café is specialized in providing lighter fare featuring organic dishes.
From $445 per night.