Most of the Jamaica resorts are located along the northern coast of the island. There are four main tourist areas starting in the west with Negril. Moving north east is the islands second largest city, Montego Bay.
Further down the northern coast you will find Falmouth, an up and coming area in the parish of Trelawny. Currently under construction is a mega cruise ship facility built to welcome Royal Caribbean’s massive Oasis of the Seas, which is scheduled to begin regular stops in March 2011. In addition to the cruise ship facilities the town is seeing some major restoration work bringing the town back to its former Georgian glory. Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett says that Falmouth is sort of the Williamsburg of Jamaica. Authorities have been working on enhancing shore excursions and shopping areas. The focal point area, called Water Square, is well suited for those exploring on foot.
Go a little further and you arrive in Ocho Rios and even a little further and we end up in Port Antonio, where the islands tourism industry originally began way back in the 1880’s when the Banana trade started here.
When you arrive in Jamaica you will most likely fly into Montego Bay’s airport, Sir Donald Sangster International Airport. There are a number of Jamaica resorts located all around the Montego Bay area, or “MoBay” as the locals refer to the city, and plenty of activities to partake in.
Some of the historical sites that you may consider when taking a trip off your Jamaica resort are the Rose Hall Great House, where you will learn the story of the White Witch of Rose Hall, Annie Palmer. It is said that she murdered all three of her husbands and terrorized the slaves of the sugar plantation! The Outameni Experience, a 90 minute journey through the history of Jamaica starting from the Taino Indians to Jamaica today.
Some more fun activities that are available are river rafting down the Martha Brae on a bamboo raft. This is a very relaxing slow paced journey along the river and can be romantic if you bring along that special someone! The crafts that the raft captains offer at the end of the journey are full of intricate details and are incredible. For the underwater enthusiast and even the underwater novice you may want to try a Sea Trek where you wear a space like helmet and walk on the floor of the sea amongst tropical fish and colourful coral.
While staying at the resorts in Montego Bay don’t forget to stop by Scotchie’s for the best Jerk Chicken in town. The Houseboat Grill, The Native and The Pelican also come highly recommended.
For a great night on the town stop by Jimmie Buffet’s Margaritaville or the Coral Cliff Hotel & Casino for some gaming and entertainment.
Check back for more information on this great location as well as Negril, Ocho Rios and Port Antonio. We will also be adding information and reviews on some great Jamaica Resorts soon.
- Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts Reviews
- Caribbean Islands – The Best of the Best
- Best Places to Visit in Jamaica – Budget Friendly Travel Options
- Couples Tower Isle Resort, Jamaica – A Review
- Travel destinations: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- The Caribbean’s most budget-friendly destinations
- Beaches Resorts: Serves the Caribbean to everyone
- Jamaica Vacations and Travel Destinations
- Traveling to Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Travel destinations: Negril, Jamaica
- Rose Hall Resort Jamaica
- Beaches Sandy Bay: The Very Best
- All Inclusive Resort in Jamaica
- All Inclusive Resorts in Montego Bay
- All Inclusive Resorts in Negril
- All Inclusive Jamaica Vacations
- Sunset Beach Resort
- Montego Bay All Inclusive Resorts
- Jamaica All Inclusive Resorts
- Best Caribbean Beaches
- Jamaica Resorts
Travel to Caribbean Islands
- all inclusive Jamaican resorts
- all inclusive resorts in St. Croix
- all inclusive resorts in St. John
- all inclusive resorts in St. Thomas
- all inclusive vacations Turks and Caicos
- Anguilla beach resorts
- Antigua family resorts
- Antigua hotel resorts
- Antigua luxury resorts
- Barbados beach resorts
- Barbados honeymoon resorts
- Barbados luxury hotels
- beaches in Barbados
- Beaches Resorts in Jamaica
- Beaches Resorts in Turks and Caicos
- Belize attractions
- Belize destinations
- Belize family vacation
- Belize hotels
- Belize natural attractions
- Belize restaurants
- Belize tourist attractions
- Bermuda beach resorts
- Bermuda family vacations
- best Barbados resorts
- best hotels Barbados
- Caribbean all inclusive resorts
- Caribbean family vacation
- cheap Bermuda vacations
- Dominican Republic vacations
- Jamaica all inclusive deals
- Jamaican family resorts
- Montego Bay
- Old San Juan attractions
- Old San Juan sights
- Puerto Rico travel guide
- St Thomas beach vacations
- things to do in Old San Juan
- things to do in Turks and Caicos
- tourist attractions in Puerto Rico
- Turks and Caicos tourism
- vacation to Jamaica