The near beach location coupled with overnight rates starting at $179 per night and expertly appointed, spacious guest rooms makes the Embassy Suites El San Juan a true bargain.
In-room amenities include a pair of plasma screen televisions, wet bar, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave.
Sadly, when it comes to dining options, travelers that are looking for indigenous Island fare will need to look elsewhere.
A bit on the pedestrian side, the hotel’s dining options include an Outback Steakhouse and an Atrium Café that features such fare as Noble Roman’s Pizza and Nathan’s Hot Dogs.
The Atrium Café opens at 11:00 am and closes at 11:00 pm during the week and at 1:00 am on the weekends. The Outback Steakhouse is open from 5:00 pm until 10:30 pm Monday through Thursday, Friday and Saturday until midnight and on Sunday from 3:00 pm until 10:00 pm.
On the positive side, the hotel does offer up both the Coqui Pool Bar and Waterfall Lounge as consolation prizes for those hoping to at least enjoy a tropical cocktail adorned with a perfunctory paper umbrella on premise.
Travelers may expect the tropical drinks at either bar to cost anywhere from $7 to $8 a glass. There is also a smattering of typical bar food available as well. Items like chicken wings, nachos and a four appetizer sampler platter traditionally costs anywhere from $13 to $15 a plate.
The Coqui Pool Bar is open daily from 11:00 am until 5:00 pm whereas the Waterfall Lounge is open daily from 12:30 pm until 2:00 am.
A complimentary full breakfast is offered daily as is a nightly Manager’s Reception.
Other hotel amenities include an al fresco lagoon pool for the adults, a wading pool for the children and a fitness center for those travelers looking to get their exercise on.
The 7,800 square foot casino at the Embassy Suites El San Juan is open daily, year round, from 10:00 am until 4:00 am. It does close on some religious holidays like Good Friday.
Furthermore, it is also imperative to note that although the casino opens at 10:00 am, the table games are not operationally until noon.
In addition, the casino has been designated a non-smoking facility so smokers beware!
In total the Embassy Suites San Juan casino boasts 275 slot machines and 14 gaming tables that include such gaming options as Caribbean Stud, Blackjack and Roulette.
Live entertainment is presented nightly from Thursday through Sunday and there is a full bar available.
Advance reservations for the Embassy Suites El San Juan may be made either by phone or online.
Embassy Suites El San Juan
8000 Tartak Street – Isla Verde
Carolina, PR 00979
- Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts Reviews
- Caribbean Islands – The Best of the Best
- Ritz Carlton San Juan
- Casino Del Sol at Courtyard by Marriott
- Embassy Suites El San Juan Casino
- San Juan, Puerto Rico Family Vacation Ideas & Family-Friendly Resorts and Hotels
- Scuba Diving at Mona Island
- Casinos in the Caribbean: Top 5 Destinations
- 5 Family Friendly Adventures in Puerto Rico
- Travel destinations: Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Eating Out in Puerto Rico – A Dining Guide for Tourists
- A visitors’ guide to Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
- The Caribbean’s most budget-friendly destinations
- El Yunque National Forest
- Puerto Rico All Inclusive Resorts and Vacations
- Museums in Puerto Rico
- Tibes Ceremonial Park
- San José Church
- San Cristobal Fort
- Porta Coeli
- Maunabo Lighthouse
- Hacienda Buena Vista
- Caguana Ceremonial Park
- Bacardi Tour
- Arecibo Radio Telescope
- Fort San Felipe del Morro
- Top Puerto Rico Attractions
- Walking Tour of Old San Juan
- Puerto Rico Historical Overview
- Culture & History in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Cultural Overview
- SCUBA Diving & Snorkeling in Puerto Rico
- Watersports in Puerto Rico
- Tennis in Puerto Rico
- Canoeing and Kayaking in Puero Rico
- Horseback Riding in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Outdoor Activities
- Puerto Rico Golf
- Puerto Rico Fishing
- Puerto Rico Beaches & Sports Activities
- Puerto Rico Top Beaches
- Rincón Bay Beach
- Flamenco Beach
- Ballenas Beach
- Caja de Muerto Beach
- Caña Gorda Beach
- Boquerón Beach
- Crashboat Beach
- Shacks Beach
- Isla Verde Beach
- Punta Santiago Beach
- Seven Seas Beach
Travel to Caribbean Islands
- all inclusive Jamaican resorts
- all inclusive resorts in St. Croix
- all inclusive resorts in St. John
- all inclusive resorts in St. Thomas
- all inclusive vacations Turks and Caicos
- Anguilla beach resorts
- Antigua family resorts
- Antigua hotel resorts
- Antigua luxury resorts
- Barbados beach resorts
- Barbados honeymoon resorts
- Barbados luxury hotels
- beaches in Barbados
- Beaches Resorts in Jamaica
- Beaches Resorts in Turks and Caicos
- Belize attractions
- Belize destinations
- Belize family vacation
- Belize hotels
- Belize natural attractions
- Belize restaurants
- Belize tourist attractions
- Bermuda beach resorts
- Bermuda family vacations
- best Barbados resorts
- best hotels Barbados
- Caribbean all inclusive resorts
- Caribbean family vacation
- cheap Bermuda vacations
- Dominican Republic vacations
- Jamaica all inclusive deals
- Jamaican family resorts
- Montego Bay
- Old San Juan attractions
- Old San Juan sights
- Puerto Rico travel guide
- St Thomas beach vacations
- things to do in Old San Juan
- things to do in Turks and Caicos
- tourist attractions in Puerto Rico
- Turks and Caicos tourism
- vacation to Jamaica