One thing you can really say about the Caribbean is that it is a very popular destination for families. That’s because a Caribbean family travel usually means more fun and features in an all-inclusive resort. Family packages may typically offer the following:
- Beach and water sports
- Luxurious swimming pools and water slides
- Kid-friendly programs and family activities
- Meal-time convenience and drinks on tap
- Grown-up pampering like spas, dining, cocktail parties, etc.
- Baby-sitting and other services
- Great family rates However, there are times when there’s just too many all-inclusive Caribbean family travel resorts out there that it’s difficult to choose just one. Given the dollar cost and emotional investment, the stakes are high. How do you know which one suits you and your family best?
When you say all-inclusive, it’s natural to assume that the package includes everything. But remember that an all-inclusive Caribbean family travel includes almost but not quite everything. So you got all meals and snacks, drinks, kids’ programs, and certain water sports and other activities but not all of them.
Take note of the following:
- Non-motorized water sports are generally included, such as kayaks, wind surfing, aqua-trikes, etc. If you want the motorized ones, like jet skis and water skis, it may cost you.
- Gear for snorkeling is often free, but there may be a limit as to how long you can use them. And if you want to join a snorkeling boat trip on your Caribbean family travel, it may cost you extra.
- Scuba is generally extra.
- Spas are always extra, unless you got one of those special Caribbean family travel.
- Off-property outings are extra, though a shuttle bus to a nearby town may be free.
- Some non-all-inclusives offer plans that include meals and/or activities.
Every all-inclusive Caribbean family travel package offers this. Many are “friendly little clubs”, cute spots with one or two rooms with toys and TV and maybe video games for kids ages 4-12. A warm and friendly staff is always there to provide them with care.
But if you want your kids to enjoy the multi-program type, most all-inclusive resorts have this actually. Here, there are different places and programs for different ages. Some worthy names that offer this feature in their all-inclusive Caribbean family travel specials are Club Med in Punta Cana, Beaches resorts and Atlantis in the Bahamas.
Babies and Toddlers?
More and more Caribbean family travel resorts are now providing nurseries and infant care for guests traveling with their babies or toddlers. This is welcome break for you, moms, because even if you only leave your kid for a few hours in the nursery during nap time, that short amount of time can be invigorating and gives you a chance to enjoy your Caribbean family travel vacation yourself.
If you’re worried whether on-site doctors or nurses are available, try one of the bigger Caribbean family travel resorts. They’re your best bet. And lastly, as a miscellaneous tip, be sure to double check the site where you booked your Caribbean family travel to make sure that the baby-club will actually be up and running during your trip.
- Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts Reviews
- Caribbean Islands – The Best of the Best
- Finding kid-friendly all-inclusive Caribbean vacation packages
- Caribbean Honeymoon Ideas for Those Now Planning Weddings
- Caribbean Family Travel: popular destinations for families
- Enjoy an All Inclusive Luxury Holiday in the Caribbean
- Yachting in the Caribbean
- The Caribbean’s most budget-friendly destinations
- Best Caribbean beaches for senior travelers
- The best time of year to visit the Caribbean
- Caribbean honeymoon destinations
- Caribbean all inclusive vacations: Top 10 Caribbean Islands to go
- All Inclusive Caribbean Family Resorts
- Royal Caribbean Cruises to Grand Cayman
- Cheap cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Travel to Caribbean Islands
- all inclusive Jamaican resorts
- all inclusive resorts in St. Croix
- all inclusive resorts in St. John
- all inclusive resorts in St. Thomas
- all inclusive vacations Turks and Caicos
- Anguilla beach resorts
- Antigua family resorts
- Antigua hotel resorts
- Antigua luxury resorts
- Barbados beach resorts
- Barbados honeymoon resorts
- Barbados luxury hotels
- beaches in Barbados
- Beaches Resorts in Jamaica
- Beaches Resorts in Turks and Caicos
- Belize attractions
- Belize destinations
- Belize family vacation
- Belize hotels
- Belize natural attractions
- Belize restaurants
- Belize tourist attractions
- Bermuda beach resorts
- Bermuda family vacations
- best Barbados resorts
- best hotels Barbados
- Caribbean all inclusive resorts
- Caribbean family vacation
- cheap Bermuda vacations
- Dominican Republic vacations
- Jamaica all inclusive deals
- Jamaican family resorts
- Montego Bay
- Old San Juan attractions
- Old San Juan sights
- Puerto Rico travel guide
- St Thomas beach vacations
- things to do in Old San Juan
- things to do in Turks and Caicos
- tourist attractions in Puerto Rico
- Turks and Caicos tourism
- vacation to Jamaica